2016 JUDGE JOHN H. MILLER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
1. The student must be a graduating High School Senior in the 2015-2016 graduating class and must reside in one of the following counties: Aransas, Bee, Live Oak, McMullen, or San Patricio.
2. The student must be college bound as determined by a letter of acceptance from an accredited college or university or by written verification from the student’s high school counselor that the student meets the requisites for college admission.
3. The student must declare intent to major in and acquire a Bachelor’s degree in the general field of Criminal Justice and the student must then enroll as a full-time college student.
4. The student has a parent or guardian employed by law enforcement regardless of the intended field of study.
5. The student must complete the attached application and submit a two part essay, as indicated in the application, no later than May 6, 2016. The completed materials shall be submitted to the student’s high school counselor for review and forwarding to the scholarship committee at Judge Miller Scholarship, 404 W. Market St., Sinton, Texas 78387. (Attention: Kathi Kirstein)
6. Once an individual student has been selected as the recipient of the scholarship, the student will be required to designate the college or university they plan to attend. The proceeds of the scholarship ($250.00) in a form of a check will be forwarded by the scholarship committee to the chosen school’s finance office.
TWO SCHOLARSHIPS IN THE AMOUNT OF $250.00 WILL BE AWARDED TO TWO INDIVIDUALS.